I have now completed 13 weeks of training. In that time, I have:
- comfortably finished 5, 6, and 7-mile training runs — comfortably means that I finished strong and didn’t feel like I’d been run over by a truck when I was done
- continued to do my twice-weekly 30-minute training runs
- stayed mostly with the 15/45 interval, although I have been increasing to 30/30 when I’m able
- still not yet experienced the “runner’s high”
- increased my pace some more; the gains are not as huge as when I started, but I am very close to my goal pace, and I am excited about that
- continued to have pretty comical conversations with myself about getting my butt to the gym; some days are easier than others
- learned what fuel works best for my body — and when
I’m not worried about the 5k and 10k since I have successfully done those before, and I’m starting to believe that I will be able to complete the 10-mile race. Like I mentioned in the last update, it’s mental now. I admit it was a stretch goal when I signed up, but that’s exactly why I did it.
I also know that I have the best running sisters who are supporting me all the way. I’m looking at you, Jen, Missi, Lynne, Melissa, and Sally! I can’t wait to cruise across that finish line and celebrate with you!
And before I close, I must also acknowledge the best chEARleaders ever, Becky and Aleisha. Wish you could be there too. ❤
Are you a runner? Are you training for any races? Send an email to email@example.com and let me know.